WHEngineering Human Resources Department is committed to supporting current employees and seeking individuals to grow with our organization and reach their personal and professional goals. We encourage any prospective, hard working individuals to join our team!
As a cooperative and goal oriented company, we are solely concerned with the mutual efforts and support from one employee to the next.
Structural Designer/Entry Level Structural Engineer
Looking for highly motivated structural/residential designer to fill a permanent opening. This position supports team of structural engineers servicing Florida. The person will be responsible for preparation of drawing files for buildings and other structures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Use of CADD to prepare construction drawings for buildings and other structures.
- Coordinate with architectural, MEP, and other trades files.
- Coordinate with existing conditions and engineering and project teams in order to respond to RFI’s and resolve conflicts.
- Perform on-site investigations in order to gather photos and dimensions of existing sites.
- Aide team in review/QC of truss engineering documents (training to be provided).
Qualifications and Skills
- 0-1 year experience related in structural/residential engineering related work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering preferred but not required
- Preferred experience in residential/commercial CADD/design in Florida
- Proficient in CADD software
- Ability to analyze sketches, notes and other input to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete drawings with occasional input from PM
- Ability to document project typically with specific special details coordinated with PM using architectural model and documentation
- Can fully recognize and coordinate conflicts with architect and MEP
- Can schedule time appropriately to meet the deadlines for multiple projects
- Can attend meetings with the PM to discuss coordination between project team
- Ability to communicate with all levels of professionals
Pay to be determined based on skills and qualifications
Job Type: Full-time
Email resumes and cover letters to: Info@WHEngineering.net